Previous Meeting ||
TMR-LCG Meeting Tuebingen February 2001
113 Kleine Wilhlemstrasse,
Tuesday 20 February
13:30 Opening, Agenda, Goals (John Nerbonne)
brief reports from site coordinators esp.
about news (related work, progress)
14:30 Walter Daelemans & Erik Tjong Kim Sang
15:00 Annual Report 4/00 - 3/01
(pieces due 1 April 2001)
15:15 Final Meeting (Toulouse) -- plans
assumption: like Dublin Meeting
15:45 Postdoc/predoc reports
Belz, Hammerton, Konstantopoulos
Wednesday 21 February
09:15 Postdoc reports
11:15 Postdoc reports
Cancedda, Tjong Kim Sang, Déjean
14:15 Invited Lecture by Rens Bod, University of Amsterdam
16:15 Other issues, quo vadis, LCG (follow up)
- Two new postdocs have been applied:
- Adelina Ivanova (Geneva) and Rob Koeling (Cambridge) have left the
Other people that are expected to leave this year either because of
a new job or because their contract runs out:
Nicola Cancedda (Grenoble, February 28),
Hervé Déjean (Tuebingen, March 31),
Erik Tjong Kim Sang (Antwerp, July 31),
Anja Belz (Cambridge, August 31) and
James Hammerton (Dublin, December 31).
- Third year reports MUST be handed in at April 1, 2001.
A fourth year report is required of those who are employed in
the project after March 31, 2001.
- CoNLL-2001 will contain a special session on the project.
John Nerbonne will be the main speaker with short contributions
from Erik Tjong Kim Sang and Hervé Déjean.
- The final project meeting will be held at CoNLL-2001 in Toulouse,
No EU person will be present at this meeting and it will be brief
- The plans for a project book have shifted to writing a special
issue of a journal.
James Hammerton and Susan Armstrong will take the initiative for
this new plan.
- There are vague plans for continuing the project after it runs out.
A bottleneck will be finding industrial partners.
Last update: July 16, 2000.